Valerie is the student coach for the School of Dentistry. She supports students to develop skills to enable them to succeed and thrive during their studies and beyond. Working with both individuals and groups of students, Valerie is able to provide high quality personalised support, advice and guidance for students at all stages of their study.
Valerie is a Registered Children's Nurse and Registered Nurse Teacher, with a clinical background in children's high dependency nursing and children's clinical trials. She also has a BSc (Hons) degree in Anatomy and Human Biology and worked as a biologist for several years. Valerie joined the University of Central Lancashire in 2016 as a lecturer in the School of Nursing, gaining a Post Graduate Certificate with Distinction in Health and Social Care Education in 2019. She is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- PGCert Health and Social Care Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2019
- Registered Nurse Teacher, University of Central Lancashire, 2019
- Registered Nurse (Child), 2012
- Return to Practice, Manchester Metropolitan University, 2012
- BSc (Hons) Anatomy and Human Biology, University of Liverpool, 1997
- Registered Nurse (Part 8), 1993
- Sick Children's Nursing, Charles West School of Nursing, Great Ormond Street, 1993
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Nursing and Midwifery Council