Peter leads the Marketing, Human Resource Management and Leadership Subject Groups delivering a range of Undergraduate and Post Graduate programmes. Peter says: “Currently I have two main goals, to enable the Subject Groups I lead to flourish and also guide our HE students to achieve their academic and professional goals, whether it is attaining the highest level qualification they can or guiding them to gain entry to businesses or becoming an entrepreneur."
Responsible for the day-to-day activities and supervision of the Marketing, Human Resource Management and Leadership Subject Group team members. Member of the School of Business School Executive Team (SET)
Peter has nearly 30 years of practitioner experience of business related account management, HRM, general management, selling, leadership, group facilitation, consulting, learning and teaching to large corporate customers and SMEs to help and guide them to develop their businesses. In addition, he has over eight years experience of delivering undergraduate and postgraduate level teaching and learning, plus UG and PG dissertation supervision. He is qualified to teach in HE. He explains, engages and enthuses within his learning and teaching delivery. Main areas of expertise are digital marketing, business strategy, teaching and learning, use of social media in business and the facilitation of learning/teaching events, seminars and workshops.
- DBA - Doctor of Business Administration, UCLan, due for completion 2023
- M.Ed - Master in Education, UCLan, 2015
- MBA - Master in Business Administration, UCLan, 1997
- Post Graduate Diploma in Professional Practice in Education, UCLan, 2014
- Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, UCLan, 2013
- Teaching Toolkit (HEA SD1), UCLan, 2012
- Chartered Management Institute, Level 5 Award in Coaching and Mentoring, CMI, 2011
- Peter has been awarded several University of Central Lancashire Golden Roses awards:
- 'Creative Teaching Award' in 2018,
- 'Lecturer of the Year' in 2017
- In 2018, he was also nominated for the Golden Roses 'Diversity in Teaching Award' and he has been awarded two ‘We Heart U’ awards by University of Central Lancashire's Student Union, as voted for by our students.
- Ongoing review of all Marketing, Human Resource Management and Leadership programmes to ensure our suite of Apprenticeship, Undergraduate, Postgraduate programmes are fit for purpose and remain very relevant to current business practices and requirements.
- Keen interest in live music and Peter's main hobby is blacksmithing.
- Associate of The Higher Education Authority (HEA) - AHEA , 2012
- Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) - FCMI, 2011
- Employer liaison - Raising the profile of the School of Business particularly in relation to Marketing, Human Resource Management and Leadership within SMEs and MNEs in a variety of ways: student ‘live project’, networking, employer presentations, undergraduate internships/placements and graduate recruitment activities.