A qualified Chartered Accountant, Neil has been involved in a wide range of accounting work – ranging from all types of auditing, through management and project accounting and treasury management. Before entering academic life his role for 15 years was as a specialist recovery auditor within the retail sector. He has a Computer Science and Accounting degree from Manchester University and a DMS and PG Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education from UCLan. He also worked as an Honorary Teaching Fellow at Lancaster University Management School. He has served on the local Chartered Accountants Committee and marked for the major Accounting Professional Bodies.
Currently Course Leader on MA Accounting and Financial Management with CIMA and the university SAP University Alliance Coordinator. With a wide range of experience and knowledge I teach a wide variety of modules
Many years working as an Accountant and an Auditor has built up a vast real world repository of business knowledge. Also working as an Exam Marker for the major professional bodies and as a subject matter expert for various topics, has enabled me to have a feel for what the employers and professional bodies expect.
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science and Accounting Honours degree from Manchester University (1979)
- Diploma in Management Studies (DMS) UCLan (1996)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education UCLan (2017)
- Teaching of Accounting Information systems for Employability
- and Impact of AI and Big Data on Audit Timescales
- Fellow Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (FCA)
- Fellow of Advance FE