Before joining us in 2001 Matthias completed his first degree in Computer Science at the University of Applied Sciences in Würzburg, Germany and his MSc in Business Administration (Information Technology) here at UCLan. His PhD examined e-business strategies of small businesses.
Matthias is the subject group leader for the accounting and finance subject group and is teaching some of the more technical modules in the School of Business.
Over the last twenty years Matthias has led module and courses in the Business School. He has also supervised PhD students and was involved in Knowledge Transfer Projects.
- PhD, Lancashire Business School, UCLan, 2009
- MSc Business Administration (IT), Awarded with distinction, Lancashire Business School, UCLan, 2001
- Diplom-Informatiker (FH), University of Applied Sciences, Würzburg, Germany, 2001
- Business Information Systems
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, 2013
- Previously Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 2012
- Previously Member of the Institute of Telecommunication Professionals (ITP), 2007
- Previously Member of the Federation of Telecommunications Engineers of the European Union (FITCE), 2004