Mark teaches across the Web Design & Development and Media Production subject area. His main area of expertise is user experience design and web development, focusing on overall customer experience and technical performance in e-commerce applications. Mark is a senior fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Mark is a track record in successful delivery of a number of digital innovation projects including two KTPs (Knowledge Transfer Partnerships). He frequently gives guest lectures to other academic areas on the subject of web usability, user experience and advanced digital technologies.
Mark as an experienced external examiner an adviser in the field of Digital Media and has worked for Leeds Becket University, Manchester Metropolitan University University of Hertfordshire. He was also instrumental in the setup of the first integrated Digital Services worker owned cooperative in a university setting (UNICOOP) and supports that with his work with the Preston Co-operative Development Network.
- PGDipLTHE, UCLan, 2013
- MSc Multimedia Computing, UCLan, 2002
- BSc (Hons) Biochemistry, University of Warwick, 1988
- Mark's current area of interest and expertise are in web-based augmented reality applications, Internet of things applications, digital Data dashboards, industry 4.0 applications and the integration of 3D printing into all of these. He is also involved in developing smart anatomy teaching and learning devices, using digital twinning to develop physical / digital hybrid applications .
- Director of the Preston Co-operative Development Network.
- Director of the Preston Digital Foundation