Katie is a Senior Lecturer in Children’s Nursing teaching across the BSc and MSc pre and post registration programmes. Katie is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Katie maintains clinical practice links when possible with a honorary contract in practice and works closely with the Children's HIV Association.
Katie works in a teaching role at the University of Central Lancashire. Katie has a keen interest in children and young people's nursing and healthcare research and has a number of publications linked to research studies and practice in children and young people's HIV care. Katie has also completed a book chapter based on the nursing care of the child with immunological problems.
Katie’s Children’s Nursing experience includes 7½ years as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Paediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology working in the hospital and community setting. During this time Katie has also completed a number of volunteer working visits to South Africa supporting children and young peoples HIV services. Prior to this Katie has experience working in General Paediatrics, Paediatric Oncology & Haematology and Children’s Hospice settings.
- 2018 PG-Cert in Health Education (including NMC Nurse Teacher status and Fellowship of HEA)
- 2017 - Advanced Communication Skills Training Facilitator
- 2016 MSc Integrated Care of Children and Young People
- 2009 Non-Medical Prescribing
- 2005 BSc (hons) Acute Child Care
- 2003 Diploma in Child Health Nursing
- Palliative care
- Health Lead - Children's HIV Association
- External Examiner
- Reviewer - HIV Nursing Journal