Kathryn is involved with the teaching and clinical supervision of undergraduate dental students. She is based between our Dental Education Centre in Accrington, in Preston at the university and also in Morecambe at an extended training practice.
Kathryn teaches and supervises students in both theoretical and clinical subjects.
Kathryn joined the dental teaching team at the University of Central Lancashire in 2018 as part-time dental therapy tutor and clinical supervisor. She has been involved in dentistry for over 30 years as a dental nurse, oral health educator, practice manager and dental sales representative. In 2006 she qualified as a dental therapist and has worked in practice and in dental education since. As well as her role at the University of Central Lancashire, she currently works 2 days per week in an NHS practice, is also an examiner of dental nurses for the National Examination Board of Dental Nurses and is a fitness to practice panellist for the General Dental Council.
- BTec Promotion of Oral Health, Bolton College, 2000
- National Certificate in Dental Nursing (with Merit), National Examination Board of Dental Nurses, 2002
- Combined Diploma in Dental Hygiene and Therapy (with Distinction), Liverpool University, 2006
- Certificate in Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2013
- University of Liverpool
- GDC Professionalism Award 2006
- Kathryn enjoys all aspects of clinical dentistry and patient care
- Examiner for National Examination Board of Dental Nurses
- Fitness to Practice Panellist for the General Dental Council