Julie is a member of the Operating Department Practice Team. With particular expertise in professional and leadership aspects.
Julie has developed non traditional assessment strategies as presented at Assessment in HE, HEA Conference, Birmingham 2013.
Julie influences and supports the planning, delivery, and evaluation of pre registration educational provision for operating department practice. Acts a academic advisor for students, supports apprentice students through their work based learning. Implements and engages with quality processes that support and enhance student learning experiences. Julie has advised NHS England on NatSSIPS and reviewed abstracts for Higher Education Academy.
- Coaching for Organisational Performance, UCLAN 2015
- Registrated Nurse Teacher, NMC 2010
- PGCE in Education, UCLAN 1998
- BSc Health Studies, Manchester Metropolitan 1995
- Operating Department Nursing ENB176 1989
- Registrated General Nurse NMC 1987.
- Association for Perioperative Practice Congress Poster 'Viva the VIVA', Birmingham 2012
- Coaching, Authentic Assessment
- Association for Perioperative Practice, Vice President
- Chair of Governace for AfPP
- Chair of the Perioperative Care Collabrative
- HEA Fellow