As Executive Dean, Janette is committed to effective engagement across higher education and local communities. She is passionate about the provision of high quality learning, research and innovation which promotes ‘access to’ and ‘participation in’ higher education, adds value to the local economy and delivers graduates capable of offering a significant contribution to improving the health and well being of all.
Janette leads a large faculty whose portfolio includes registered and unregistered healthcare education which works in collaboration with local health and care employers to make a significant contribution to the local health and care workforce. Janette supports a Faculty management team to identify and implement cross-University strategic developments in the course portfolio, curriculum, research and innovation.
Janette is a Health and Care Professions Council/Chartered Society of Physiotherapy registered physiotherapist and a highly experienced academic with over 30 years cross discipline experience in the health and wellbeing higher education sector. She has held a series of senior positions in higher education and has extensive experience and expertise in curriculum design, development and quality assurance activity across a range of professional routes within health and social care fields. Janette has a track record in cross institutional collaborative project management and has undertaken a wide range of external advisor roles. Janette is active within health professions education networks both locally and nationally and represents the university within both the National and North West Council of Deans for Health.
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, Salford College of Technology, 1982
- Graduate Diploma in Physiotherapy, Salford College of Technology, 1986
- Certificate in Education HE/FE, The Victoria University of Manchester, 1990
- Master of Science [Research], The Victoria University of Manchester, 1994
- PRINCE2 Foundation Level, University of Central Lancashire, 2013
- PG Cert Coaching for Organisational Performance, University of Central Lancashire, 2014
- Quality in Learning and Teaching
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Health and Care Professions Council Registered Physiotherapist
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy