Janet is a former Human Resource Management practitioner with extensive experience within organisations at a senior level. She has been teaching at the University of Central Lancashire for 15 years. In recognition of her expertise in teaching Janet is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. She is particularly interested in working with HR practitioners and students to develop their knowledge and skills within this area.
Janet is a former Human Resource Management practitioner with extensive experience both in the public and private sectors. She was responsible for HRM within a number of organisations at a senior and strategic level so can bring that experience and expertise to her teaching. She has been a Chartered Member of the CIPD for 20 years Her experience also includes performance coaching where she has a great deal of expertise including working one to one with employees to assist them to reach their full potential. She is also a qualified Careers Advisor making use of a non-directive approach in order to support students in applying for both work placements and employment. Janet has fifteen years’ experience of teaching within Higher Education on undergraduate, postgraduate and professional qualifications. Within her teaching she uses her personal experience of the Human Resources profession in order to help students and HR practitioners to relate theory to actual working practice. This assists them in develop their knowledge and skills within this occupational area to make a real difference in an organisation. As well as teaching Janet is a dissertation supervisor/management report supervisor for students on post graduate courses in HRM Janet is the course leader for the MSc Human Resources Management
Janet is an active member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and regulary contributes to conferences and events including the Annual Conference held in Manchester each year. She was part of an EU delegation to Greece in order to share good practice in employment and education opportunites.
- MA Developing Professional Practice in Management, Lancaster University, 2011
- Diploma in Performance Coaching, Newcastle College, 2000
- PGDCG, Manchester Polytechnic, 1991
- B.A. Arts, Open University, 1990
- Chartered Member CIPD, 1999
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Janet was part of the team that won the prestigious Golden Roses Award for excellence in teaching practice in 2013.
- HR4009 - Developing Skills for Business Leaders
- HR4018 - Learning and Talent Development
- HR3026 - Learning and Development
- HR2008 - Contemporary Human Resource Development
- Janet's interests focus mainly on Human Resource Development and Employability
- CIDP Chartered Membership