Jane has a background as a solicitor in private client practice. She teaches across a range of core and elective modules on the LLM in Legal Practice course.
Jane’s teaching focuses on elderly client legal services, Wills, the administration of estates, conveyancing, and the regulation of solicitors. She is a practising solicitor, and also supervises students in the University of Central Lancashire’s pro-bono Law Clinic.
Jane brings private client experience in both large and small law firms to her teaching role. As Regional Director of the Solicitors for the Elderly Group in Lancashire and Cumbria, and alongside a committee of local solicitors in practice, she organises biannual conferences for professionals and students. Jane is a member of our cross-School Dying Matters team, and an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law (Legal Practice Course), University of Central Lancashire, 2002
- Common Professional Examination, University of Central Lancashire, 2001
- Postgraduate Certificate in Management, University of Central Lancashire, 1999
- BA (Hons) Womens Studies, Lancaster University, 1996
- In 2019, Jane won the University Star for Commitment to Community, Charity or Public Engagement.
- Private client law and practice, mental capacity law.
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales (practising)
- Fully accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly and Regional Director for the Lancashire and Cumbria regional group
- Member of the Law Society Private Client section
- Dementia Champion