Jane is Executive Dean of the Faculty of Culture and the Creative Industries having previously been Head of Lancashire Law School at UCLan. She is passionate about education and instils an ethos within the Faculty which is based on excellence and is committed to maximising accessibility, attainment and employability.
As Executive Dean, Jane oversees the Schools of Arts and Media & Humanities, Language and Global Studies. The focus is on embedding creativity and enterprise within a trans-discipline approach to education. The Faculty works with a number of external stakeholders, nationally and internationally, to ensure the student experience has a real-world focus, creating work-ready global graduates.
Jane is a qualified solicitor, and practised in insurance litigation before pursing a University career. She joined UCLan in 1998 as a lecturer in law, teaching across a broad range of programmes, focussing mainly on Criminal Law and Litigation. She has led a number of curriculum development projects and has expertise in distance learning programmes.
- LLM, University of New South Wales, Australia, 1992
- LLB (Hons), Essex University, 1990
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court
- Creative Lancashire, Board member
- Preston Cultural Framework Board
- Preston Incorporated Law Society