Heather Ohly is an experienced researcher with interests and expertise in maternal and child nutrition, micronutrient deficiencies, nutrition-sensitive agriculture and food security in low and middle-income countries.
Heather collaborates on a range of interdisciplinary research projects and was a founding member of the Lancashire Research Centre for Global Development.
Heather completed her PhD at UCLan with funding from NIHR Applied Research Collaboration North West Coast. Her doctoral research was a realist investigation of the impact of Healthy Start on the diets of low-income pregnant women in the UK.
- PhD Nutrition, University of Central Lancashire, 2017
- MMedSci Human Nutrition, University of Sheffield, 2003
- BSc Geography, Swansea University, 1999
- Global nutrition and food security
- Registered Nutritionist, Association for Nutrition
- Member, Society for Implementation Science in Nutrition