Heather Ohly is an experienced researcher with interests and expertise in nutrition, food security and sustainable food systems in low and middle-income countries. Heather collaborates on a range of interdisciplinary research projects with international partners. She is a member of the UCLan Research Centre for Global Development (C4Globe) and the UCLan Research Centre for Sustainable Transitions (CST).
Heather completed her PhD at UCLan with funding from NIHR Applied Research Collaboration North West Coast. Her doctoral research was a realist investigation of the impact of Healthy Start on the diets of low-income pregnant women in the UK.
- PhD Nutrition, University of Central Lancashire, 2017
- MMedSci Human Nutrition, University of Sheffield, 2003
- BSc Geography, Swansea University, 1999
- Global nutrition and food security
- Sustainable food systems
- Registered Nutritionist, Association for Nutrition
- Member, Society for Implementation Science in Nutrition