Gillian teaches across a range of subjects for the Community team, with a particular interest in General Practice Nursing and Advanced Clinical Practice. Gillian's Masters degree focussed on digital learning. She is a National Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and Association of Academic General Practice Nurse Educators.
Gillian has published in 'The Textbook of Non-Medical Prescribing' and 'Living with a Chronic Condition'. Specific courses Gillian teaches include Management of Same Day Consultation, Fundamentals in General Practice, Management of Long Term Conditions, Management of Asthma and COPD, Non-medical Prescribing, Remote Consultations and Advanced Consultation, Examination and Decision Making. She is the course leader for MSc Nursing in General Practice.
Gillian has worked as a senior lecturer for 18 years within the Community Health and Midwifery. She has worked as a General Practice Nurse and Nurse Practitioner. Gillian was the General Practice Nurse Advisor in Fylde and Wyre and chair and founder member of the Northern Nurse Practitioner Association.
- Masters in Education UCLan 2019
- SD2 Teaching Qualification UCLan 2010
- Nurse Tutor 2009
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Education 2008
- BSc (Hons) Health Studies / Nurse Practitioner Lancaster University 1999
- Community Specialist Practitioner (General Practice Nursing) Lancaster University 1999
- Family Planning Certificate, Liverpool University 1991
- Registered Midwifery Training Preston Hospitals 1984
- Polytechnic Certificate in Physiology Preston Polytechnic 1983
- General Nurse Training Preston Hospitals 1982
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Association of Academic General Practice Nurse Educators.