Victorio has extensive experience with research in the fields of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Neuroimmunology. He is member of the National Institute of Science and Technology in Neuroimmunomodulation and has a solid network of international collaborations. Victorio is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and supervises postgraduate projects in the area of neurodevelopmental disorders.
Victorio is the leader of the Laboratory of Neuroimmunology and Behavioural Research at UCLan. He built his career through very competitive grants and is author of numerous peer-reviewed articles, with hundreds of citations. He coordinates several international multidisciplinary initiatives such as an ERAMUS+ program with Brazil, and a bilateral cooperation between UCLan and the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation.
Victorio has taken part in the development of multidisciplinary initiatives such as the art exhibition Threads - a dialogue between art and neurosciences, the Scientific Initiation Program (an internship scheme that provides undergraduates with experience in research labs) and is a founder member of the Autism Wellbeing And Research Development (AWARD) Initiative. Victorio's roles include: Review Editor for the Frontiers in Immunology journal and guest editor for the Neuroimmunomodulation; Ad-hoc reviewer to numerous prestigious journals; Member of the Animal Welfare and Ethical Review Body of the University of Central Lancashire (2018 – Current), Member of the British Society of Immunology/Neuroimmunology group (2017 – 2018) and Member of the International Behavioral Neuroscience Society. He teaches in the courses of Pharmacy, Biomedical Science, Physiology and Pharmacology, Healthcare Science and Pharmacology. He is also the 2nd year lead for all biosciences courses.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, 2014
- MSc in Biochemistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, 2011
- BSc Biomedical Science, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, 2008.
- Scholarship award for Young Investigators in Laboratory Animals Science from the International Council for Laboratory Animal Science (ICLAS) and Chinese Association for Laboratory Animal Science (CALAS), 2018
- Award from the Federation of Clinical Immunology Societies (FOCIS, USA) to attend the “Advanced Course in Basic & Clinical Immunology” workshop, 2016
- Award and stipend to attend the “Synapses and Circuits” workshop, Max-Planck-Institut für Neurobiologie (Buenos Aires, Argentina), 2015
- Award and stipend to attend the “Basic and advanced modules of Fluorescence-activated Cell Sorting” workshop, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil), 2013
- Emerging Leaders in Americas Program, Award from the Government of Canada, (Winnipeg, MB, Canada), 2010
- Neurodevelopmental disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Animal Behaviour
- Member: International Behavioural Neurosciences Society; National Institute of Science and Technology in Neuroimmunomodulation; Autism Wellbeing And Research Development initiative; Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Editor: Review Editor - Frontiers in Immunology; Guest Editor - Neuroimmunomodulation.
- Ad-hoc reviewer: Journal of Neuroinflammation; Journal of Physiology and Biochemistry; Neuropharmacology; Behavioural Brain Research; The International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology; Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior; Physiology & Behavior; Neurotoxicology and Teratology; Neurotherapeutics.
- Ad-hoc consultant: Foundation for the Development and Support of Science, Teaching and Technology of the State of Mato Grosso do Sul (FUNDECT; Fundação de Apoio ao Desenvolvimento do Ensino, Ciência e Tecnologia do Estado de Mato Grosso do Sul).