Robin is a Senior Lecturer in Coaching and Performance. His research is focussed on talent development and he is particularly interested in the holistic role family can play in the development of sporting talent. Robin is a Performance Centre Head Coach within the England Hockey Player Pathway and has worked closely with a range of NGBs and sports organisation supporting player and coach development, and parental engagement.
Robin works in the Institute of Coaching and Performance (ICaP) supervising postgraduate students on MProf, DProf and PhD programmes. As part of his role he is module leader for two of the taught modules that sit within both the MProf and DProf programmes. Robin is research active within the field of talent development, and works closely with several sporting organisations.
Robin previously taught across practical and theoretical coaching modules on the universities BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching and Performance and BA (Hons) Sports Coaching and Development degree programmes developing a broader interest in coaching practice, coach education, and psychological and social development of athletes. Robin has a diverse educational background when it comes to sport, having studies at UCLan since 2007 which has allowed him to develop an understanding of sport across several areas; social, cultural, developmental, physical, performance and psychological. His coaching background has seen him coach hockey in a range of environments, working with a range of populations, including; primary and secondary school, club (performance, participation and development) and talent.
- Ph.D. Talent Development in Sport, University of Central Lancashire, 2018
- MA. Sport, Policy and Community Development, University of Central Lancashire, 2012
- PGCert. Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2016
- BA (Hons). Sports Studies, University of Central Lancashire, 2010
- Talent Development
- Coach Education
- Coaching Practice
- Role of Family in Talent Development
- Holistic Player Development
- HEA D2 Fellow
- England Hockey (EH) Coaching Membership
- Reviewer for peer-reviewed journals