Clint has been employed at UCLan as a Senior Lecturer since August 2007. He teaches across a range of undergraduate and postgraduate sports business modules within the school. Prior to joining UCLan Clint worked for Sport England as a National Development Manager and holds a Doctorate in Education.
Clint is the Course Leader for three postgraduate programmes at UCLan (MSc Sports Business Management, MSc Sports Business Marketing and the MRes Sport Leadership and Professional Development degree). I have also established and oversee the Postgraduate Centre for Sports Industry Professionals.
Clint joined the University after working in the sports industry for ten years. Clint's first taste of working in sport was experienced as a Soccer Coach in the USA for a company called British Challenger and as a Community Sports Coach at Tameside Metropolitan Council. Clint worked across a range of schools and community sites delivering a wide range of sports. Following this, Clint was employed by Preston City Council as a Senior Sports Development Officer and then as a Sports Development Manager at Chorley Borough Council. As part of these roles he has successfully obtained approximately £250,000 of funding from external agencies for the development of sport within local communities. After gaining a wide range of experience Clint was appointed as a National Development Manager for Sport England. This involved working with various National Governing Bodies for Sport (NGBs) at a national level and supporting the completion of their development strategies across England. Clint was also responsible for the North West region’s portfolio of capital projects for the Community Club Development Programme. This was a £100million partnership investment programme between the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, Sport England, 19 NGBs and community sports organisations. Clint has worked on a number of international sports development and coaching programmes in France, South Africa, USA, the United Arab Emirates and Zambia. Here Clint has delivered a range of professional development workshops for sports coaches and administrators. Additionally, he has helped support the development of monitoring and evaluation frameworks within sport for development organisations. In addition to these roles Clint has served as a trustee and Chairperson for a North West based charity that supports families that are coming to terms with a significant bereavement. This was an extremely challenging and personal role for him and the skills and experiences that he gained from working in the sports industry inevitably helped with this undertaking. More recently he has supported a community football club as an executive committee member and has also established a charity that support people to alleviate issues in their life related to mental health. For more information on this work head to:https://www.facebook.com/TACKLEitFoundation/
- Doctorate in Education (EdD), UCLan, 2018
- MA Sport Management, UCLan, 2007
- BA (Hons) Leisure Studies and Business Management, 1999, University of Manchester
- TL4187 - Research Methods for Sport
- TL4186 - Dissertation for Sport
- TL4039 - Sport Business and Strategic Thinking
- TL4041 - Sport Operations and Legal Aspects of Sport Business
- TL4046 - Research Foundations for Sports Leaders
- TL4045 - Research Methods for Sport Leaders
- TL4044 - The Reflective Sport Leader
- TL3171 - Developing Sport in Practice
- Managing sport in the third sector
- Education in professional sporting environments
- Leadership in sport
- Digital learning / online learning for postgraduate study
- Clint is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and has also obtained the SEDA Professional Development Award.