Boria specialises in Sport in South Asian societies and works on mega events and their impact. He has written extensively on Indian cricket and also on the Olympic movement.
Boria has published widely in the field of sports scholarship and is also the Executive Academic Editor of the Journal Sport in Society.
Boria has close to 20 years experience in the field and has a PhD from the University of Oxford on a Rhodes scholarship. He has taught across the world at the universities of Chicago, Toronto and Monash.
- PhD. University of Oxford 2003.
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Rabindra Puraskar for Best Monograph 2018
- Young Global Leader WEF 2009.
- Mega events
- History of Indian cricket
- Consulting Editor India Today group.