Dr Ahmed Abubahia
Ahmed teaches across a range of subjects for our computing team. With particular expertise in the Artificial Intelligence, Ahmed scholarship has led to some recognised publications. In recognition of their contributions to teaching, Ahmed is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Ahmed also supervises postgraduate projects on Cyber Security and Artificial Intelligence subjects.
Ahmed is lecturing across a range of degree types and levels, and supporting students in advancing their learning progress. He is strongly committed to the value of education in transforming lives. His personal values align with the University’s mission to deliver high quality learning for all with the potential to benefit regardless of their socio-economic starting point and background.
Ahmed has many years’ experience of curriculum development and enhancement of student experience across educational disciplines of computer science. He taught at different UK higher education institutions. e.g. University of Portsmouth, University of Winchester, University of Chichester and International College Portsmouth.
- PhD Computing, University of Portsmouth, 2018
- MSc Geographical Information Science, 2002
- BSc (Hons) Computer Engineering, Engineering Academy Tajoura, 1998
- CO4512 - Information Security Management
- CO4510 - Advanced Topics in IT Security
- CO4515 - Trends in Cybercrime
- CO4509 - Digital Security
- CO1507 - Introduction to Networking
- CO1508 - Computer Systems and Security
- Cyber Security
- Machine Learning
- Data Science
- Natural Language Processing
- Big Data
- Geographic Information Science
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy