Dr Clare Stone is a registered social work who worked within statutory services before moving into academia at the University of Central Lancashire. Her doctoral thesis and published work, considers aspects of competence for social work practice. She has experience of teaching, module leadership and course leadership at undergraduate and postgraduate level and supervises doctoral students. Clare is a member of the School’s Senior Management Teamer with responsibility for admissions and business development including apprenticeship development. Clare is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Clare's ares of responsibily include oversight of apprenticeship development, The Centre for Continuing Professional Development, Soical Work Practice Learning, admissions and business development.
Clare worked within statutory adult services before moving into academia at the University of Central Lancashire. She has experience of teaching at undergraduate and post graduate level including supervising doctoral students. Clare was an Assessor for Continued Professional Development with the Health and Care Professions Council who were the former Social Work regulator.
- Ed D. Doctorate in Education – 2015 – University of Central Lancashire.
- MA Social Work and Welfare Studies –- 2006 – University of Central Lancashire.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Practice Teaching in Social Work – 2000 – University of Central Lancashire and CCETSW.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education –2005 –University of Central Lancashire and SEDA.
- Approved Practice Teachers Award – 2000 – CCETSW.
- BA Hons. Applied Social Studies –1991 – University of Central Lancashire.
- CQSW (Certificate of Qualification in Social Work) – 1991 – CCETSW.
- University Certificate in Higher Education Teaching Toolkit –2005 – University of Central Lancashire and SEDA.
- New Supervisor Programme – 2015 – University of Central Lancashire.
- European Computer Driving Licence – 2007 – BCS University Certificate in Information Technology – 2002 – University of Central Lancashire.
- Level two counselling certificate –1996 – CENTRA.
- Stage two Practice Educator – 2011 – Greater Lancashire Social Work Education and Training Network.
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Clare's areas of interest relate to learning in the workplace and competence for social work practice. She has undertaken research in the areas of social work apprenticeships and the assessment of social work practice learning.
- Registered Social Worker with Social Work England