Chris teaches business subjects at undergraduate and postgraduate level. His expertise is in Marketing and Communications. Chris is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a Certified Management and Business Educator in the Chartered Institute of Business Schools.
Chris has researched changing roles in communication practice and has supervised students during industrial placements.
Chris has been a full-time lecturer at the University of Central Lancashire since 2007 and has been course leader on three programmes, most recently the MBA with Professional Placement. He has taught in China, Malaysia and the Balkan nations and was a committee member on the Chartered Institute of Public Relations' Lancashire branch. Chris has delivered online modules and has taught on two degree apprenticeship programmes. Before joining University of Central Lancashire, he worked for 18 years as a journalist and communications practitioner.
- MRes, University of Central Lancashire, 2019
- Postgraduate Certificate in Business and Research Methods, University of Central Lancashire 2017
- Postgraduate Diploma in Newspaper Journalism, Lancashire Polytechnic 1989
- BA (Hons) Modern History and Politics, Sheffield University 1987
- Marketing and communications/new working roles/graduate employability
- CMBE Chartered Management and Business Educator, Chartered Association and Business Schools; Fellow of the Higher Education Academy