Bill teaches on both MA Scriptwriting, where he is Course Leader, and BA Screenwriting (for which he was Course Leader from 2008 to 2017. He is founder of the Write On Festival, and Screenwriting Monologues, and has organised film making trips to Los Angeles, Berlin and Krakow, which have produced a raft of award winning films. Bill is an award winning playwright. He is a member of BAFTA and the Writers Guild of Great Britain. Before becoming a lecturer he worked as a journalist, and a TV Producer, he founded and worked as an Executive Producer on the award winning TV channel, Channel M. He has written, directed and produced feature films, TV programmes, plays and short films. As an actor he has appeared in In the file dofilms and on stage at the Lowry, Salford. As a singer/songwriter he has appeared on the same bill as Steve Coogan, Caroline Aherne, Dave Gorman and Henry Normal. He wrote the book Careers in Film for Kogan Page. Bill is currently working on a children's book.
Bill is a practitioner. Projects include Car Park the movie, Buzz Goes the Big Time, a documentary featuring Peter Kay and Mallory Monologues, a stage play which will transfer to radio. He is currently writing poems for the lockdown. To hear Bill discussing his work plus trailers please go to these links:
Bill introduced film festivals to UCLan. From 2010 to 2013 he worked on the LIFE festivals. From 2014 to 2019 he worked on the Expo events at UCLan where he was Artistic Director of WRITE ON, a writers' festival. Bill has worked as a judge on many festivals including Kino and Expo. His most recent published work is as a poet and producer. He was Producer on The Art Collector, short film 2018. The film was critically acclaimed by Int To see the teaser go here. To see Bill's latest video Goodbye for Ben Gorb as Producer, click here.
- MA Writing for Children (ongoing)
- Best New Play, Liverpool Centenery Festival
- Best News Play MEN (nominated)
- Best Article City Life
- Best student film LA Larry.
- Awards and acknowledgements for “The Art Collector” (2018):
- Winner: Best Acting Duo- New York Film Awards
- Semi-Finalist and Honourable Mention for Best First Time Director: Festigious International Festivals.
- International Film Festival Los Angeles
- Semi Finalist: Los Angeles CineFest
- Finalist and Honourable Mention for Best First Time Director: Oniros Film Awards (Italy)
- Semi-Finalist: Nominated Best Make-up and Costume Design: Unrestricted View Film Festival (Islington, London)
- Semi-Finalist: Aphrodite Film Awards New York
- Winner: Best Science Fiction, The Great Northern Creative Expo
- Official Selection: Rome Independent Prisma Awards
- Short films
- Low budget films
- Contemporary poetry
- Contemporary film
- Writers Guild of Great Britain