Bev is Course Lead and was fundamental to the development and accreditation of the BSc (Hons) Dental Therapy within the School of Dentistry. In addition to her Course Lead responsibilities, Bev teaches across a range of undergraduate programmes within the School of Dentistry including the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), BSc (Hons) Dental Therapy and BSc (Hons) Clinical Dental Technology. Bev is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and is Year Lead for years 2 and 3 of the BSc (Hons) Dental Therapy. Bev also supervises dissertation projects for the BSc (Hons) Dental Studies and MSc students.
As well as being Course Lead for Dental Therapy, Bev is module lead for several integrated modules across a number of courses, including both clinical and professional modules. Alongside teaching responsibilities Bev is involved with several collaborative research projects including Interprofessional Learning in Dental Education and Flipped Learning in Higher Education. Bev is frequently a Guest Speaker at National events, representing the School of Dentistry and the University of Central Lancashire.
Having worked in dentistry for 30 years Bev is passionate about furthering the development of Dental Care Professionals. Bev has worked in general practice, maxillo-facial and orthodontic settings, community and in public health and has been teaching for over 20 years.
- MSc Advanced Restorative and Periodontal Practice, University of Central Lancashire, 2021
- PGCert Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, University of Central Lancashire, 2018
- BSc (Hons) Dental Studies, First Class, University of Central Lancashire, 2014
- PG (Level 7) Diploma in Management, Institute of Leadership & Management, 2012
- Combined Diploma in Dental Hygiene & Dental Therapy (Distinction), University of Liverpool, 2008
- Further and Adult Education Teaching Certificate, City & Guilds, 1999
- British Association of Dental Therapists Outstanding Achievement Award, 2009
- University of Liverpool Award for Clinical Excellence, 2009
- Career progression in Dentistry
- Periodontal Practice
- Flipped Learning in Higher Education
- Interprofessional Learning in Dental Education
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- General Dental Council Registered
- Royal College of Surgeons - Examiner for DHDT Programmes
- British Association of Dental Therapists