Barry teaches a variety of subjects across the LSB&E Foundation Year programmes, Year One Business and Management and the Diploma in HRM, primarily based around the management of information. He is a visiting placement tutor and is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Barry's research interests lie in the electronic mediation of teaching and learning in Higher Education.
Over the last twenty years at UCLan, Barry has taught on a variety of modules at all levels from Foundation-level numeracy to post-graduate Finance, with the majority of modules being something to do with Business Information Systems. He has also been involved in several University-led projects:
- ASHEE (Acquiring Skills for Higher Education and Employment): 2007-2010 - delivering access courses in local prisons to allow entry to Foundation Level courses at UCLan.
- Customer Wise: 2007 - an EU-funded project to consult with local SME's regarding the importance of customer care.
- ElefANTS (E-Learning for Acquiring New Types of Skills): 2007 - arranging IT sessions for disadvantages members of the community.
- EBABE (Managing Student Finance module development): 2006 - developing open-access materials.
- Work-Based Learning Progression into Higher Education (Bridging module): 2005-2006 - liaising with local providers for delivery of modules that allow work experience to be evaluated academically.
- MEd. UCLan, 2018
- PGDip. Professional Practice in Education, UCLan, 2015
- PGCert. Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, UCLan, 2014
- BSc. Business Information Systems and Accounting, UCLan, 1998
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy 2014
- HR3004 - Using Information in HR
- HRC002 - Managing Business Information
- BUC006 - Business In Context
- Information Management
- Member of the Foundation Year Network