Dr Asa Auta
School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
Dr Auta is a passionate educator and researcher. His expertise is in pharmacy practice, public health and health services research.
Dr Auta is a Senior Lecturer in Pharmacy Practice and the course leader for the MSc Advanced Pharmacy Practice. He teaches on several undergraduate and postgraduate modules within the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences.
Dr Auta is an active researcher with over 40 peer-reviewed publications. He has strong methodological knowledge and skills in mixed methods, systematic reviews and meta-analysis. His current research is focussed on non-prescription use of antibiotics and the burden of diseases in population groups. He will welcome PhD enquiries in any area related to his research.
- PhD, University of Leeds, 2016
- MPH (Distinction), University of Leeds, 2010
- BPharm (Distinction), University of Jos, 2003
- Pharmacy practice
- Quality use of medicines
- Global burden of disease and risk factors
- Health services research
- Mixed methods research
- Systematic reviews and meta-analyses
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Email: Email:Dr Asa Auta
Use the links below to view their profiles: