Bev Bush teaches across a range of modules in Games Design at the University of Central Lancashire, having previously gained 25 years’ experience in the animation and games industries. Bev’s skills are specialised within the artistic side of games design, having worked as a background artist for children’s animation and as a digital artist and 3D environment artist for many published games.
Bev was Course Leader for BA(Hons) Games Design from 2008-20015 and is currently Senior Lecturer in Games Design and Module Lead for Honours, Creative Thinking, Visual Studies and Character Design. In recognition of contributions to teaching, Bev is a National Teaching Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Bev Bush has credits on BAFTA award-winning titles by Cosgrove Hall Films for Thames TV and on many published games by Travellers Tales. She has worked as an Environment Artist with several large publishers in the games industry, including Disney Interactive, Sony, Jim Henson Interactive on games such as Mickey Mania, Bugs Life, Finding Nemo, Crash Bandicoot and Lego StarWars. Previously working as an Animation Background Artist, she also has credits on children’s TV programmes such as DangerMouse, Duckula, The BFG and Wind in the Willows and HRH Prince Charles film of his book, ‘Legend of Lochnagar’. In 2006 Bev moved from working in the games industry to education, but maintains a strong tie with her industry colleagues, who are very supportive towards the games design course. Bev is interested in using gamification as an interactive and trans-formative tool for artistic expression to engage learning, encourage appreciation and to illustrate traditional, historical and cultural related experience. She makes paintings/drawings and digital interactive installations to develop unique artefacts associated with places that have a memorable resonance.
- Post graduate certificate, Manchester Polytechnic, 1978 – 1979
- BA (Hons), Graphic Design and Illustration, 1st Class Honours, Manchester Polytechnic, 1975 – 1978.
- Associate of the Higher Education Academy, University of Central Lancashire, 2008
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, University of Central Lancashire, 2011
- Bev was listed in MCV Magazine as amongst ‘The Top 100 UK Women in Video Games 2013.’
- XB3992 - Honours Project
- XB2177 - Character Design
- XB2000 - Visual Skills
- XB1101 - Creative Thinking
- Painting and Drawing / 3D Modelling / Designing Apps
- Guest Background Artist on the stop-frame animated ‘Rumour Mill Film’ by Bexie Bush
- Guest Artist on ‘The Occupation.’ A published game by White Paper Games.
- Workshops and artwork on show at The Atkinson Gallery, Southport.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of Women in Games International Group