Dr Ali Badiei
Ali is a Mechanical Engineer with a background in building energy research, low-carbon building design and modelling, and renewable energy technologies for buildings. Ali completed his PhD in Building Energy Research at Loughborough University where he developed a Novel Reduced Data Dynamic Energy Model (RdDEM) for UK houses. His postdoctoral research focused on design and deployment of Solar-Assisted Heat Pump Technologies in the UK. Ali is a Chartered Engineer, Member of Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (MCIBSE), and Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
Ali is a Lecturer in Building Services Engineering with demonstrated history of delivering large, complex projects. He has a passion for building-integrated sustainable and low-carbon technologies, and the positive impact they create in tackling global warming and climate change.
Skilled in performance analysis and energy systems development, dynamic energy simulation of technologies and buildings, Ali contributes to teaching and research activities in the School of Engineering.
Ali joined University of Central Lancashire in June 2021. He leads and delivers a wide range of modules for the BEng/MEng Building Services and Sustainable Engineering course. Ali has been part of numerous large-scale projects delivering design and deployment of renewable and sustainable energy solutions in the UK and around the world. He has delivered projects funded by Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS), InnovateUK, European Union (EU), and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
Ali has registered two patents with the UK Patents Office as inventor and has published over 20 scientific and technical articles in the leading Scientific Journals. He also carries out book and article review for well-known publishers like ELSEVIER, SPRINGER and MDPI. Ali has demonstrated history of delivering projects in collaboration with Academic and Research organisations, Industries, and Government bodies.
- PhD Building Energy Research, Loughborough University, 2018
- MSc (Distinction) Low Carbon Building Design and Modelling, Loughborough University, 2013
- BSc (Hons) Mechanical Engineering, Middle East Technical University, 2012
- ER1431 - Building Services Engineering Fundamentals
- ER1030 - Engineering Science
- NT2055 - Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics 2
- NT3038 - Design Project 3
- NT3048 - Engineering Dissertation
- NT3042 - Intelligent Buildings
- NT3046 - Alternative Energy Technology
- Energy Simulation and Performance Analysis
- Building Physics and Energy Evaluation
- Solar-Assisted Heat Pump Technologies
- Low-carbon Cooling Technologies
- Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP)
- EnergyPlus and DesignBuilder Modelling
- IES VE Modelling
- Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
- Smart Home/Energy Technologies
- Communications and Negotiations
- B2B Marketing
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) registered with UK Engineering Council, 2021
- Member of Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (MCIBSE), 2021
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA), 2020