Choosing a university is a big deal. Right course, right place, right facilities, right career path, right fit for you…
There’s a lot to get right. Which is why it’s a brilliant idea to come along to a UCAS exhibition this summer and check out as many universities as you can – including the University of Central Lancashire!
You’ll find a team from UCLan at thirty three UCAS exhibitions – dates and locations listed below – ready to answer your questions and help you decide if the #TheUCLanExperience is right for you.
1. You need to register in advance at www.ucasevents.com - don’t forget to bring your ticket on the day, as you can scan it to receive extra information from your favourite universities.
2. Think ahead. Decide which universities you’d really like to talk to and draw up a list of questions in advance. Your questions shouldn’t just be academic – it’s just as important to find out about things like facilities and nightlife.
3. Download the guide and floorplan for the exhibition you’re attending before you go, so you can plan your day.
4. Download the prospectuses of the universities you particularly like the look of before you go, or request a copy in the post. You’ll be able to pick up copies at the exhibition – but they’re heavy!
5. Don’t just gather leaflets – talk to people on the stands. It’s what they’re there for and it will make your decision-making process much easier.
6. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a strong bag. The exhibitions are huge and you can bet that the universities you want to see will be at different ends of the venue. You’ll be bombarded with free gifts and leaflets, so a sturdy bag is a must.
7. Food and drink at exhibitions can be expensive and the queues aren’t funny. Bring snacks…
As well as information on the universities themselves, UCAS exhibitions are a great way to discover career paths and courses you might not have thought about, and get information on student finance, career planning, gap years and more.
We hope to see you over the summer!
|8-9 March||Northern Ireland||Eikon Exhibition Centre|
|13-14 March||Surrey||University of Surrey, Surrey Sports Park|
|14-15 March||Manchester||Manchester Central|
|15-16 March||West London||Brunel University London|
|20 March||Cornwall||University of Exeter/Falmouth University, Penryn Campus|
|21-22 March||Exeter||Westpoint Arena|
|23 March||Hereford and Worcester||University of Worcester|
|27-28 March||London||ExCel London|
|3-4 April||Bath||University of Bath|
|3 April||North West Wales||Bangor University|
|4 April||West Wales||University of Wales, Trinity St David, Carmarthen Campus|
|5 April||Cardiff||Cardiff Metropolitan University|
|6 April||Tees Valley||Teeside University|
|19 April||Lincolnshire||University of Lincoln, Brayford Campus|
|25-26 April||East Midlands||Loughborough University|
|27 April||Dorset||Bournemouth University, Talbot Campus|
|9 June||Staffordshire||Staffordshire University, Stoke Campus|
|13 June||Norfolk||University of East Anglia|
|14 June||Suffolk||University of Suffolk|
|14-15 June||Essex||University of Essex, Colchester Campus|
|15-16 June||Merseyside||University of Liverpool|
|16 June||Sheffield||Sheffield Arena|
|19-20 June||Bedfordshire||The University of Bedfordshire, Bedford Campus|
|20 June||Kent and Medway||University of Greenwich at Medway, Medway Campus|
|21 June||Cambridge||Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge Campus|
|22-23 June||East London||University of East London, Docklands Campus|
|26 June||Humberside||University of Hull|
|27-28 June||West & North Yorkshire||Leeds Beckett University, Headingley Campus|
|29 June||Lancashire||Edge Hill University, Ormskirk Campus|
|29 June||Tyneside||Metro Radio Arena|
|TBC||Hampshire & Sussex||TBC|
|30 June||North & West Cumbria||The Sands Centre, Carlisle|