International Travel Bursary
UCLan offers an international Travel Bursary Scheme. The bursary is open to individuals or groups of students (max 4) on particular courses. To be eligible for the bursary you must be able to demonstrate how an international experience will support your personal development and complement your area of study. The bursary can contribute to the cost of travel and accommodation.
Please note any nursing, midwifery or medical student must contact their school as they have their own application and deadlines.
UCLan wants as many students as possible to have an International Experience and encourages full-time UK/EU undergraduate students to apply for the Travel Bursary Scheme which can be used towards funding an ‘International Experience’. Due to overwhelming demand we have made this a competitive process.
- Full-time UK/EU students eligible for scheme
- Panel selection process
- Individual application required (but can be part of a small group travel project of up to four students)
- Full costings must accompany any application, and the project must be supported by your course leader
- Travel must commence between 1st Feb and 31st July. Travel must end by 31st July
- Previously successful applications have been well researched and shown proof of own financial contribution, i.e. – personal fundraising
- Health & Safety/Risk Assessment process to be followed prior to travel - compulsory attendance at workshop required.
- Feedback in the form of a report, blog or photographs is mandatory
- Successful Travel Bursary candidates from previous year’s schemes aren’t eligible to reapply
- All paperwork to be completed prior to travel (except report, blog or photographs which should be submitted 14 days after you return from your trip)
- It must not be a school-led visit
- 30 Sept 2017 - launch of Travel Bursary
- 30 Oct 2017 - Deadline for applications
- 20 Nov 2017 - Panel Decision
- 24 Nov 2017 - Applicants informed of decision on their application
- 4 Dec 2017 / 7 Dec 2017 - risk assessment workshop - attendance at one is compulsory (dates to be confirmed)
- 15 Jan 2018 - Deadline for all paperwork from successful candidates. Students who do not meet the deadline will not receive funding