Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre
Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre (STFSC) is our purpose built indoor facility on the main University campus. It offers an extensive programme consisting of Student Union (SU) Sports Clubs, instructor led classes and individual training.
All UCLan students at our main Preston Campus are entitled to a Free Sports Membership!
Visit STFSC, complete your Induction and start training......
The STFSC offers seven activity areas over four floors:
- Fitness Suite (Second Floor): Air Conditioned Fitness Suite comprising 60+ Cardiovascular Machines, 25+ Resistance Machines, Kinesis and Free Weights.
- Cardiozone (Fitness Suite, Second Floor): Boom Boom Shake the Room! Workout with the loud beats and flashing lights of the Cardiozone. Choose from 20+ Cardiovascular Machines for your Cardiozone experience.
- Sports Hall One and Two (Lower Ground Floor): With Bleacher Seating for 300 Spectators for Sports such as: Badminton, Basketball, Dodgeball, Fencing, 5-a-side Football, Futsal, Hockey, Tennis and Volleyball.
- Studio Red (Second Floor): Air Conditioned Studio for a variety of activities including: Dance, Iyengar Yoga, Karate, Jiu Jitsu, Legs Bums and Tums, Spinning, Tai Chi, Table Tennis, Vinyasa Yoga and Yolates.
- Studio Blue (Second Floor): Air Conditioned Studio for a variety of activities including: Bootcamps, Boxercise, Circuit, Kombat, Kung Fu, Pilates, Salsa, Step, Studio Weights, Tae Kwon Do and Zumba.
- Squash Court (Lower Ground Floor): Available for casual bookings and club use.
On the First floor you will also find a spacious and comfortable Viewing Area and Changing Rooms and the building has full disabled access.
There are over 25 Sports Clubs run by the Students’ Union. Many have block bookings at STFSC in term-time for training and matches. The Sports Clubs participate in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) competitions and have home and away fixtures.
Please note: All users must swipe their UCLan ID card to gain access to STFSC. If you forget your card a £1 fee is payable.
The University outdoor sport facilities can be found at UCLan Sports Arena (USA) which is located just 2 miles away. Local facilities are hired to provide sports not available on the main campus e.g Canoeing, Climbing, Golf, Horse Riding, Tennis, Trampolining and Windsurfing.
There are two 25m swimming pools in Preston located within 3 miles of the campus. They are at Fulwood Leisure Centre and West View Leisure Centre.