PhD Fire Chemistry and Modelling, University of Central Lancashire, 2012
MSc Mathematics, Warsaw University, 2004
- 2014 – present Associate Lecturer in Chemistry, School of Forensic and Applied Sciences, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK
- 2012 – 2014 Post-doctoral Research Assistant in the Centre of Fire and Hazards, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK
- 03/2011-12/2011 Faculty Research Assistant, Department of Fire Protection Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park, USA
- 2008-2011: Graduate Researcher, Centre of Fire and Hazards, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK
Membership of professional and learned bodies
Associate member of the Higher Education Academy (HEA), May 2009.
- Measurement of Kinetics and Thermodynamics of Pyrolysis of Combustible Solids
- Investigation of Flame Retardant Mechanism of Nanoclay and Carbon Nanotubes on Polymeric Material
- The Model of Burning of Corrugated Cardboard
Teaching activities and responsibilities
Mathematics and Thermodynamics
- 15th European meeting on fire retardancy and protection of materials (FRPM15), “Development of a Pyrolysis Model for Fire Retardant Cable Sheathing Materials", Berlin, June 2015.
- Eurofillers and Polymer Blends Conference 2015, “Microscale Investigation of the Interaction of EVA with Fire Retardant Mineral Fillers”, Montpellier, France, April 2015.
- FRT14, Fire Retardant Technologies, "Computational modelling of polymer decomposition" UK, April 2014.
- 14th European meeting on fire retardancy and protection of materials (FRPM13), "Thermal Decomposition and Combustion of Cellulosic Material", France, 2013.
- Fire and Explosion Hazards Seminar “Development of a Model to Predict the Anaerobic Pyrolysis of Corrugated Cardboard”, May 2013.
- FM Global Open Source CFD Fire Modeling Workshop, “Development of a Model to Describe the Flaming Combustion of Double-Wall Corrugated Cardboard”, 2012.
- 10th International Symposium on Fire Safety Science University of Maryland, “Analysis of Non-Flaming Combustion of Cardboard Char”, USA, 2011.
- 12th European meeting on fire retardancy and protection of materials (FRPM’09), “Advances in the Flame Retardancy of Polymeric Materials”, Poland, 2009.
- Advances in Flame Retardant Materials, BCC Stamford, CT, USA, 2009.
- FRT09, Fire Retardant Technologies, UK, 2009.
A. Witkowski, B. Girardin, M. Försth, F. Hewitt, G. Fontaine, S. Duquesne, S. Bourbigot, T. R. Hull, “Development of an Anaerobic Pyrolysis Model for Fire Retardant Cable Sheathing Materials”, Polymer Degradation and Stability, 113, 208-217, 2015.
S. McCreath, J.P. Lewicki, J.J. Liggat, C. Lithgow, L. McCulloch, K. Miller, A. Witkowski, “The thermo-oxidative degradation of poly(4-methylstyrene) and its relationship to flammability”, Polymer Degradation and Stability, 113, 144-153, 2015.
A. Witkowski, A. A. Stec, T. R. Hull, “The influence of metal hydroxide fire retardants and nanoclay on the thermal decomposition of EVA,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, 97, 2231-2240, 2012.
T. R. Hull, A. Witkowski, and L. Hollingbery, “Fire retardant action of mineral fillers,” Polymer Degradation and Stability, 96, 1462–1469, 2011.