School of Medicine
Harrington Building, HA106
+44 (0) 1772 89 4017
Christina is a medical doctor and a clinical anatomist who is a Senior Lecturer in clinical skills within the school of medicine. Christina has varied experience in handling undergraduate and post graduate programmes for medical, dental and paramedical courses and teaching healthcare professionals in both clinical and non-clinical settings.
Dr Christina Daniel MBBS, MD
Christina started her career as a medical doctor in India and has been involved in various key roles over her career spanning almost a decade. As a medical doctor she has worked in various rural and teaching hospitals practicing various aspects of clinical skills and delivering excellent patient care. Her keen interest in Human anatomy led Christina to do her post-graduation (MD) in Anatomy. Talking to young minds, shaping young careers and helping future generation by research and innovative teaching methodologies are her interests.
Christina is responsible for Medical skills and quality care module for year 1 MBBS and teaches clinical & communication skills and Anatomy for MBBS, Physician Associate and BSc (hons) Medical Sciences programmes.
1. Christina Deborah A, Ramesh Kumar Subramanian, Ananda Rani VS, Sudakshina Chakrabarti "Variation in the formation and course of the median nerve in relation with brachial artery"
2. Sudakshina Chakrabarti, Ramesh Kumar Subramanian, D Kesavi, Christina Deborah A "Absence of musculocutaneous nerve bilaterally with variant motor innervations of flexors of arm"
1. Registered Medical Practitioner - Tamil Nadu Medical Council, India
2. Additional Qualification Registration MD Anatomy - Tamil Nadu Medical Council, India
3. Member of Anatomical Society of India
4. Member of Association of Anatomists Tamil Nadu, India
Module lead for UM1030 Medical Skills and Quality Care 1 (MBBS Programme)
Module lead for XY3130 Clinical Communication and Medical Skills (BSc Medical Sciences)
Trainings undertaken [Continued Medical Education (CME) and Workshops Attended]
1. Fascial spaces of head and neck and its clinical implications ,16th July 2011
2. Egyptian Concept of Life, Death and Mummification ,17th December 2011
3. Recent advances in plastination techniques, Department of Anatomy, 7th December 2012
4. Physiology of Heat stress Department of Physiology, Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute,19th January 2013
5. The National workshop on S10 Silicon plastination Department of Anatomy, Christian Medical College, Vellore 8th June 2013
Scientific Papers and posters Presented in conferences:
1. Multiple Variations in the upper limb, A case report - 34th Annual conference Association of Anatomists - (MAPIMS), Tamil Nadu, India - 16th October 2011
2. Anomalous formation and course of Median Nerve and Anomalous course of Brachial Artery - 60th National conference of Anatomical society of India , Odisha - 27th to 29th December 2012
3. Analysis of Measurements taken from the distal End of Adult Femurs among South Indian population - 15th KCACON 2013 SIMS and RC Bangalore, India - 05 September 2013