School of Psychology
Darwin Building, DB213
+44 (0)1772 893427+44 (0)1772 893427
Cassie is a cognitive neuroscientist with interests in ageing, cognition, health and wellbeing. Her research has particularly focused on cognitive and brain changes across the lifespan and in dementia. Her research has used a range of non-invasive neuroimaging techniques including electroencephalography (EEG), functional near-infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS) and functional transcranial Doppler sonography (fTCD).
Cassie joined UCLan in September 2014 as a Lecturer in Psychology with a Neuroscience speciality. Previously, she held Research Fellow posts at the University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia, Brighton and Sussex Medical School at the University of Sussex, Brighton, UK and an honorary Research Fellow position with Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
Ph.D. Cognitive Neuroscience of Ageing, Southampton, 2008
M.Sc. Health Psychology, Southampton, 2002
B.Sc. (Hons) Psychology, Southampton, 2001
1. Richardson M, Hunt TE, Richardson C. (2014). Children's construction task performance and spatial ability: controlling task complexity and predicting mathematics performance. Perceptual Motor Skills, 119:741-57.
2. Richardson C, Nilforooshan R, Gard PR, Weaving G, Tabet N. (2014). Impaired renal function and biomarkers of vascular disease in Alzheimer’s disease. Current Alzheimer Research, 11: 253-8.
3. Cormack F, Shipolini AR, Awad WI, Richardson C, McCormack DJ, Colleoni L, Underwood M, Baldeweg T, Hogan AM. (2012). A Meta-Analysis of Cognitive Outcome following Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery: Time for a New Consensus? Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 36: 2118-29.
4. Richardson C, Hogan AM, Bucks RS, Baya A, Virues-Ortega J, Holloway JW, Rose-Zerille M, Palmer LJ, Webster RJ, Kirkham FJ, Baldeweg T. (2011). Neurophysiological Evidence for Cognitive and Brain Functional Adaptation in Adolescents living at High Altitude. Clinical Neurophysiology, 122: 1726-1734.
Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Cassie is establishing the functional near-infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS) and functional transcranial Doppler sonography (fTCD) laboratories as part of the Brain Imaging Lab. Cassie is collaborating with Lea Pilgrim on a number of studies examining hemispheric specialisation of cognitive functions across the adult lifespan. Cassie is also collaborating with John Marsh and investigating memory processes using mixed methods.
· PSC005 Introduction to Psychology
· PS1035 Foundations of Neuroscience
· PS2010 Psychological Research Methods
· PS2850 Topics & Techniques in Neuroscience
· PS2860 Physiology: Organisms and their Environment (Module Leader)
· PS2020 / PS4020 Social and Developmental Psychology
· PS3020 Neuropsychological Topics & Techniques
· PS3035 Psychology of Diet & Exercise
· PS3035 Psychology Project supervision