School of Engineering
Computer and Technology Building, CM 109
+44 (0) 1772 89 3266
Subject Areas: Systems Engineering
Ahmed Onsy is a lecturer in condition monitoring and maintenance engineering. He has been awarded his PhD from the School of Mechanical and Systems Engineering, Mechatronics Group and Design Unit, Newcastle University, UK. His main research interests are intelligent diagnostics and health management systems, smart maintenance systems, advanced mechatronics, and embedded systems which can be directly applied to Intelligent Diagnostic and Health Management (DHM) and Predictive Health Monitoring (PHM) systems for oil well, wind turbine, aerospace (SHM & HUM), marine, and automotive applications. Ahmed is contributing to research within the area of Tribotronics and is a member of the Jost Institute for Tribotechnology.
Ph.D. Intelligent Health Monitoring Systems, Mechanical and Systems Engineering, Mechatronics Group & Design Unit, Newcastle University, UK, 2009.
M.Sc. Automotive Powertrain Control, Mechanical Engineering, MTC, Egypt, 2001.
B.Sc. (Hons.) Automotive Engineering, MTC, Egypt, 1993.
Ahmed has 22 years’ experience in R&D and teaching; during which he concluded and supervised several projects in the area of:
1. ONSY, A., FOUAD, M., SHAW, B. A. & Dansereau, R. M. (2014) A New Technique for Monitoring Gears Surface Failures Using Enhanced Image Registration Method. International SAE International Journal Aerospace. September Volume , Issue 1
2. ONSY, A. (2013) A New Acoustic Emission Remote Sensing System: an Experimental Validation of Wheel Bearing Condition Monitoring. SAE International Journal Aerospace. December 2013 Volume 6, Issue 2.
3. ONSY, A., BICKER, R. & SHAW, B.A. (2013) Predictive Health Monitoring of Gear Surface Fatigue Failure Using Model-based Parametric Method Algorithms; An Experimental Validation. SAE International Journal Aerospace. September 2013 Volume 6, Issue 1.
4. ONSY, A., SHAW, B.A. & JISHAN, Z. (2011) Monitoring the Progression of Micro-Pitting In Spur Geared Transmission Systems Using Online Health Monitoring Techniques. SAE International Journal Aerospace. November 2011 4:1301-1315.
5. ONSY, A., BICKER, R. & SHAW, B.A. (2010) Intelligent Diagnostic Health Management of Power Transmission Systems: An Experimental Validation, International Journal of COMADEM 2010, 13(2), 46-58. ISSN 1363-7681