Short Course / CPD
Online (no attendance)
No Partner College
Flexible - Online Course
• Discuss what is meant by the term “product” in sport;
• Have knowledge of the product life cycle, Boston Matrix and Ansoff Matrix models and how they can be used by sports organisations;
• Outline the stages of the new sports product development process and have an appreciation of the role of innovation in sports product management;
• Discuss the role of price in the sports marketing mix;
• Evaluate pricing strategies employed by sports organisations and identify appropriate pricing strategies for different occasions and types of sports product/service;
• Outline the sports marketing communications process and identify the elements of the promotional mix;
• Discuss and evaluate the use of the following elements of the promotional mix for sports organisations: advertising, sales promotions, digital marketing (including viral and social media marketing), personal selling, public relations and direct marketing;
• Appreciate the importance of adopting an integrated approach to marketing communications;
• Discuss what is meant by “place” in the sports marketing mix;
• Evaluate the different distribution channels open to sports organisations and discuss the factors affecting the choice of distribution channel.
We have great links with employers including household names such as Sony, BAE Systems and Apple. We also have links with the smaller companies in the region and offer help and assistance to more than 1,000 of these – with many of our graduates staying in the region it is important we develop these relationships.
UCLan is recognised for its outstanding course provision which gives students the skills, knowledge, and personal attributes necessary to succeed at the University and in their future careers. To find out more about the experiences of our students, read our success stories.
You can contact the Student Fees and Funding Team via phone, email, or post. If you are on the campus you can call into The 'i', for advice.
Tel: +44 (0)1772 892400
Student Fees and Funding Team, Foster Building 117, UCLan, Preston, PR1 2HE
For 2017/18 fees please refer to our fees page.