The 40th annual meeting of the British Zeolite Association will be held at the University of Central Lancashire in Preston. The BZA welcomes contributions from all fields of zeolite, microporous and mesoporous materials science, including synthesis, structure, applications, characterisation, catalysis and computational studies. We also look forward to receiving contributions in the areas of hybrid materials, MOFs and the application of porous solids in chemical, fine-chemical and green & sustainable processes as well as energy applications.
A special session chaired by one of the BZA founders, Prof Alan Dyer, will reflect on the past 40 years of the association.
• Dr Julien Haines, Institut Charles Gerhardt Montpellier, Université de Montpellier, France
• Prof Raul Lobo, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Delaware, USA
• Dr Alvaro Mayoral, Advanced Microscopy Laboratory, Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain
• Final plenary speaker TBC
Enquiries: Liz Roberts BZAConference@uclan.ac.uk
Abstract submission - 10th February 2017
Notification of acceptance – 3rd March 2017
Early bird registration - 10th March 2017
Please prepare a one page abstract using the template provided below and e-mail a pdf file to BZAConference@UCLan.ac.uk
• Submissions should be made by the presenter.
• The email subject line should read “BZA2017 Abstract Submission” followed by the family/surname of the corresponding author.
• Please submit the file as PDF no larger than 500 kb.
Deadline For Submissions is 10th February 2017
All PowerPoint presentations should be brought to the conference on a USB stick and loaded onto the PC in the lecture theatre prior to the start of the session in which you are presenting.
If you have any further audio visual requirements please email BZAConference@UCLan.ac.uk
Your poster size and format should be as follows:
• A0 size i.e. max width 841 mm by max height 1189 mm.
• Portrait style.
Fixing material will be provided.
Draft programme to follow.
Venue and Directions:
The conference will take place in the University of Central Lancashire’s Preston City Campus, Foster Lecture Theatre complex, and full details will be sent through with maps and directions, once a place is confirmed. The campus is located within walking distance of the city centre. Parking will be available on campus, however, we recommend that you take public transport. Details can be found here about how to get to Preston and the Campus including a campus map
Accommodation is not included in the registration fee and you will have to book accommodation separately.
There are a variety of local accommodation available in Preston, including the following:
Preston International Legacy Hotel, Marsh Lane, Preston, PR1 2YF
Approximately a 5-10 minute walk from the conference venue
Telephone: 0844 411 9028
Premier Inn Preston Central, Fox Street, Preston, PR1 2AB
Approximately a 10 minute walk from the conference venue
Telephone: 0871 527 8908
Online flexible rates from £54 room only
Marriott Hotel, Garstang Road, Broughton, Preston. PR3 5JB
Approximately a 20 minute drive from the conference venue
Telephone: 01772 864087 (Select option 1)
Fax: 01772 861728
The Park Hotel: 209 Tulketh Road, Ashton, Preston, PR2 1ES
Approximately a 10/15 minute drive from the conference venue
Telephone: 01772 726250
Fax: 01772 723743
Please mention that you are attending a conference at UCLan when you make a booking, as you may be eligible for UCLan preferential rates, although you can often get better rates via the bookings websites such as www.bookings.com, www.laterooms.com, expedia.com etc (this does not constitute a recommendation).
• Sponsorship of the welcome event or the conference dinner - £1000
• Sponsorship of invited lectures and sessions -£1000
• Sponsorship of the poster session - £750
• Operating a stall at the conference - £500
• An advertising flyer for the delegate packs - £250
• Sponsorship for student prizes - £100
If you are interested in sponsoring the 2017 Annual British Zeolite Association Conference, please email BZAConference@UCLan.ac.uk
Fields marked with an * are mandatory.