UNITEplus works with Lancashire businesses to provide a university graduate or placement student to assist on a specific project. Working with students and academics enables businesses to access the wealth of knowledge within the university and work on other strategic projects.
Who is it for?
As a business or organisation in order to benefit from a UNITEplus placement, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be located in Lancashire
- Trade business to business (B2B)
- Employ 250 employees or less
- Have an annual turnover of less than £40 million and/or an annual balance sheet total of less than £35 million
- Have received less than €200,000 of publicly funded support in the last three fiscal years.
- Have business premises from which the student can work
What will this involve?
The knowledge, experience, and skills of a recent graduate or student can help businesses develop and grow in the following areas:
- Product testing/validation
- Video production
- Market research
- Business administration (HR, finance, marketing)
- Social media strategies
- Other types of projects will be considered if the expertise exists within UCLan
How will it benefit my business?
- Provides your business with additional skills
- Enables you to explore the student/graduate employee marketplace on a low risk basis
- Has a positive impact on your company’s performance and productivity
- There is no cost incurred because the salary is paid by the project.
- Creates links with universities
Amine Melaine- Project Manager, UNITEplus
Address: University of Central Lancashire, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 2HE
Tel No: +44 (0)1772 894097
Facebook: UCLan UNITEplus