Strategic ICT Toolkit
Funded by JISC - Project duration: Jan 2011 - June 2011
UCLan have received funding to test the Strategic ICT Toolkit, developed by The University of Nottingham through a JISC commission. The aim of the toolkit is to help HEIs to analyse, assess and develop their strategic use of information technologies.
- Lucy Nelson: Project Manager
- Lisa Banks: Head of LIS Business Support
- Michael Ahern: Director of Learning & Information Services
- Dave Phoenix: Deputy Vice Chancellor, with responsibility for Strategic Planning and Performance Management
Outputs and Results
- Outputs from Strategic ICT Toolkit Field Test
- Project Team’s Perspective of UCLan’s “As Is”
- Results of the SICT Toolkit
- Recommendations for UCLan SICTT
- Feedback on the Strategic ICT Toolkit
- Short introduction to project (video)
Aims & objectives
The aims and objective of the project are:
- To field test the Strategic ICT Toolkit (SICTT) at UCLan
- To use the Strategic ICT Toolkit to understand UCLan’s current level of maturity in terms of alignment and integration of the ICT strategy to the institutional strategies with a view to assessing how our maturity can be developed further.
- To assess the value of the SICTT to inform the HE sector and help JISC promote the toolkit.
- To provide the JISC Strategic ICT Toolkit development team with feedback suggestions for improvement based on the experience of using the toolkit.
- To disseminate our experience of the toolkit and its benefits within the sector.
- To share our experiences and ‘lessons learnt’ with the wider sector.
- Create a business case for change, enabling UCLan to improve its current ICT strategy development process and alignment with business unit delivery plans.
- Provide a greater understanding at the Senior Management Team level of the benefits of aligning ICT strategies with business needs.
- Establish best practice for the development of the future Information Strategy and for aligning the development of the delivery plans.